BRC is Global Standard for Food Safety System. BRC Food Standard Issue 7 was developed to specify food safety, quality and operational criteria required to be established within an organization for food manufacturing to fulfill its obligations with regard to legal compliance and consumer protection.
About BRC Food Issue 7 Audit Checklists
The BRC food safety audit checklist can help train employees in the BRC audit if they implement the BRC food safety management system for the first time or convert the existing system into a BRC food issue 7.
BRC Food issue 7 focuses on auditing to the implementation of good manufacturing practices in the production. More focus has been on areas that generally have the highest rate of recalls and withdrawals, such as labeling and packaging. Issue 7 of BRC Food Safety continues to underline the commitment of management programs and basic food safety.
The latest issue 7 of this BRC Global Standard Audit Checklist focuses on:
- Ensure consistency of the audit process.
- Provide a sufficiently flexible standard to allow voluntary additional modules to reduce the burden of verification.
- Promote systems to reduce exposure to fraud.
- Promote greater transparency and traceability in the supply chain.
- Encourage the adoption of the standard in small venues and facilities where the processes are still under development.
The BRC Food Issue 7 Audit Checklist document kit covers brc food safety audit questions based on BRC food safety requirements. It includes audit questions for following departments and work area of the organization.
- Top Management
- Food Safety Team Leader
- Quality Control
- Production Areas
- Engineering (Utility and Maintenance)
- Stores (Raw Material and Spares)
- Packing and Dispatch
- Housekeeping and Sanitation and Personal Hygiene