Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000 is a globally recognized certification process based on a combination of ISO 22000 sector-specific PRP and FSSC extra criteria. FSSC 22000 was created in response to client requests for a recognized standard against which a food safety management system can be audited and certified. The GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative), as well as other food safety schemes such as BRC or IFS, have given FSSC 22000 Global Recognition. The Foundation for Food Safety Certification is the owner of the certification scheme.
FSSC 22000 was developed for the certification of food safety systems that ensure the safety of products during the basic production of animal products, manufacture of perishable animal and/or vegetable products, products with a long shelf life, and (other) food ingredients such as additives, vitamins, and bio-cultures, animal food and feed production, and food packaging production, and has recent time included catering, retail/wholesale, and transport and storage services.
What are the benefits of attending FSSC 22000 awareness training?
- FSSC 22000 awareness training helps to become familiar with a typical framework for implementing a food safety management system (FSMS).
- Training benefits to recognize where the adjustments might need to be made to this framework, to accommodate the particular situation and progress made to date.
- It also, increases the knowledge of the key concepts and requirements of FSSC 22000, from an implementation perspective.
- Awareness training also increases the skills to conduct the baseline review of the organization’s current position about FSSC 22000, and implement key concepts and requirements relating to FSSC 22000.
- FSSC 22000 awareness training will help to understand the FSSC 22000 food safety management system requirements.
- Also, the ability to consistently provide safe foods and relevant products and services that meet customer and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- It helps to address the risks associated with its objectives
What should FSSC 22000 awareness training cover?
In FSSC 22000 awareness training individuals learn how to embed continual improvement at the heart of their organization through an FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System (FSMS). The base of the ISO 22000:2018 standard is an opportunity for organizations to make even their strategic path and increase focus on improving food safety performance.
Determine the form and requirements of a successful management system, as well as the impacts on the organization. Learn about food safety management systems, including the fundamental ideas and structure of FSSC 22000, as well as important terms, definitions, and the ISO standardized high-level framework. As well as learn how to comprehend and apply the standard’s fundamental concepts and principles to existing processes in your organization. Here are the key points that a person learns after completing the training.
- The key definitions and concepts used in food safety management systems
- The use of the PDCA cycle in the continual improvement of the structure of FSSC 22000 including prerequisite programs & additional requirements
- Providing safe foods and relevant products and services that meet applicable statutory, regulatory, and customer requirements consistently
- Addressing relevant risks and opportunities
- Demonstrating conformity to specified food safety management system requirements.
Who should attend this course?
Anybody involved in the planning, implementation, maintenance, supervision, or auditing of an FSSC 22000 food safety management system, or anyone interested in learning more about food safety management standards using FSSC 22000.