FSSC 22000 Certification scheme is to develop the requirements for certification bodies (CBs), implement and manage a system for the evaluation and certification of the food safety systems of food production organizations and to ensure the impartiality and competence. The certificate indicates that the organizations food safety system is in accordance with the requirements which are given in this scheme and that the organization is capable of in order to maintain compliance with these requirements. It is not a guarantee for the implementation of food safety organization continuously. It added to an organization with a certified food safety system value lies in the efforts of the organization to that system and its commitment to maintain performance continuously improves.
FSSC 22000 certification scheme is designed for the control and certification of food safety systems of food manufacturers that produce:
- Perishable animal products, excluding slaughter and pre-slaughter (i.e. meat, poultry, eggs, dairy and fish products)
- Perishable vegetable products (i.e., packed fresh fruits and fresh juices, preserved fruits, packaged fresh vegetables, preserved vegetables)
- A product with a long shelf life at room temperature (i.e., canned products, biscuits, snacks, oil, drinking water, drinks, pasta, flour and sugar, salt)
- Bio-chemical products for the food manufacturing (i.e. vitamins additives and bio-cultures) but excluding technical and technological aids
FSSC 22000 Certification was developed by FSSC Consultancy provided by Global Certification Consultancy, and Steering Committee consisting of food safety experts from the representative international food manufacturers, experts from a number of international certification bodies, a representative of the Confederation of the food and beverage industry.
Processing steps provided by FSSC 22000 Consultancy for quick implementation are as follows
- Identify, evaluate and food safety hazards that may be expected to act to prevent the consumer directly or indirectly damage control
- Communicate the correct information via the food chain with respect to the safety issues with regard to the product
- Communicate information on the development, implementation and updating of the food safety management system throughout the organization
- Evaluate periodically and update, if necessary, the food safety management system to cover the actual operations of the company and the latest information about the dangers of food safety
How FSSC 22000 Consultancy helps Organization to lead their business
- A powerful management system is offered as part of Consultancy for FSSC 22000 Food Safety Management System, fully integrated into the overall management system of the company and in accordance with other standards such as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001
- Improving a robust “Hazard Analysis and Risk Management” methodology based on HACCP principles and ability to food safety effectiveness and efficiency
- The use of a detailed guideline, ISO/TS 22002-1, regarding the requisite programs, as requested need the ISO 22000 and the assembly of the retailers for the due diligence and related matters.