FSSAI is Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) were adopted in the context of food safety and standards. FSSAI is responsible for protecting public health and promoting through the regulation and supervision of food safety. FSSAI is made for the adoption of science-based standards for food products and their production, storage, distribution, sale and import regulate to ensure the availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption.
FSSAI seeks to establish a single reference point for all matters relating to safety and food standards, by moving multi-level, multi-departmental control to a single line of command. FSSAI is made for the adoption of science-based standards for food products and their production, storage, distribution, sale and import regulate to ensure the availability of safe and wholesome food for human consumption. With the help of FSSAI Consultancy Services Food Organizations in India enables risk product that will help them in determining sampling procedures and frequencies in the future, a process that has resulted in higher initial sampling rates for some products. Certain risky products will continue to apply to test up to 100 percent and keep sampling procedures, such legislation before. As per the Food Safety Standards act, food business operator is defined as an undertaking, whether private or public, carrying out activities related to any stage of manufacturing, processing, packaging, storage, transportation, distribution of food, imports.
FSSAI mandate in accordance with food safety system by performing the following functions
- Framing adopt the regulations of the standards and guidelines related to the items of food and determining appropriate enforcement system thus notified various standards.
- To provide scientific advice and technical support to the Government in the area of the implementation of policies and rules in areas that directly or indirectly affect food safety and nutrition.
- Collect and compile data on food consumption, incidence and prevalence of biological risks, contaminants in food, residues of different, and contaminants in food products, identification of new risks and the introduction of a rapid alert system.
- Creating an information network across the country, so that the public, consumers, etc., receive reliable and fast objective information about food safety.
- Provide training programs for those involved or plan to join to get into the food business.
- Contribute to the development of international technical standards for food, sanitary and hygienic standards.
- Promote public awareness about food safety and food quality.
Benefits achieved by FSSAI for Food Safety System
- Single point access to all laws and departmental controls.
- FSSAI Consultancy provides single reference point for all matters relating to food safety and standards , rules and enforcement
- High degree of consumer confidence in the quality and safety of food
Phone No.= +91-079-2656-1104